Who doesn’t love waffles? They’re fun and delicious — but even better than that, they’re actually incredibly easy to make! Does never having to fork out for pricey commercial waffles sound great to you, while breakfast in bed sounds even better? A good waffle maker can transform your lazy Sundays!
The thing about waffle makers? A great one will last you for ages, but it’s easy to stumble on subpar ones that don’t get the job done right. Join us for a look at some of the most reliable waffle makers on the market today!
Why Consider Getting a Waffle Maker?
Let’s get real — waffles aren’t the healthiest-ever breakfast or snack option, but they’re definitely a decadent treat for a lazy weekend. Whether you top yours with ice cream, berries, jam, chocolate drizzle, or anything else, a delicious waffle will get you (and your family) into vacation mode in no time.
No products found.
Waffles are also really easy to make. The recipe doesn’t call for anything you don’t need for pancakes, really. Some flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract will get you sorted.
Next, you’ll just need some killer toppings — and a waffle maker, of course!
What to Look for in a Waffle Maker
If you’re brand-new to the world of waffle makers, you might have no idea what to look for. Here are some pointers:
- There are two basic types of waffle makers. Traditional waffle makers usually have one large grid that makes a single thick waffle at a time. Belgian waffle makers, which are more popular right now, make lighter, crispier waffles — yes, plural.
- You’ll generally want a waffle maker with adjustable temperature settings so you can decide how “well done” your waffles should be.
- Some waffle makers have flip functions that lead to more evenly-cooked waffles, which is nice.
- Nonstick waffle makers and those with other features that make them easier to clean are low-maintenance. Nobody wants to scrub batter out of small kitchen appliances for hours during a long weekend, after all.
- Also consider the size — because your new waffle maker probably won’t be an everyday kitchen tool, and you’ll want to store it somewhere. Will your choice fit into your kitchen cabinets without having to fight your other shiny kitchen gadgets for space?
Of course, you’ll also want to stick to reputable brands, especially if you’re shopping on Amazon. You’ll find a lot of weird, unknown options. Some of them may be great, but when in doubt, stick to quality you know you can trust!
1. Cuisinart WAF-F40 Double Flip Belgian Waffle Maker: Top Overall Waffle Maker
This Cuisinart WAF-F40 Double Flip Belgian Waffle Maker cooks two Belgian waffles to perfection at a time. While it’s a little on the large side in terms of the space it takes up on your counter top, we love the way it works! If the secret to great waffles is the only thing that stands between you and your decision never to go to the diner again, you’ll find it here!
The main feature that makes the waffle magic happen? This Cuisinart appliance has a rotary option that ensures your delicious waffles will cook evenly on both sides. When your waffles are all done, your waffle maker will give you the green light — literally.
No products found.
- This waffle maker has dimensions of 8.35″D x 15.11″W x 19.79″H.
- It uses 1400 watts.
- Five convenient browning settings allow you to decide exactly how baked your waffles should be, and the rotary feature makes sure your waffles are baked the same on both sides.
- The stainless steel parts make this Cuisinart waffle maker easy to clean on the outside, while its nonstick plates help you keep the inner parts clean.
Who Is It For?
Anyone who would love to enjoy great quality Belgian waffles semi-regularly is likely to be happy with this waffle maker. It makes for a great gift, too, whether for birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries.
2. Breville BWM604BSS Smart Waffle Maker: Best Premium Waffle Maker
If you make waffles more often, have a large family, or are the type of person who always has to have the best, take a look at the Breville BWM604BSS Smart Waffle Maker. This kitchen beauty may be double the price of our last pick, but it also bakes double the waffles — pretty perfectly, no matter how you personally happen to define that (because this one offers options!). The waffles you get are fluffy, light, and range from light to very browned, depending on your preferences.
This smart appliance has special features to ensure that your waffles bake evenly. If you’ve ever had a waffle maker that burned the outside of your waffles to a crisp while making the inside look like something you forgot to put in the freezer, rest assured that this Breville waffle maker won’t give you that problem.
- This fancy Breville waffle maker has dimensions of 12.25″D x 12.25″W x 5.75″H.
- As a high-powered waffle maker, it uses 1800 watts.
- The “no mess moat” ensures none of your waffle batter spills out — but honestly, that just relocates your cleanup effort to the inside of the appliance.
- Of course, it’s nonstick and made with stainless steel components.
Who Is It For?
This waffle maker is great if quality is your top priority and the price doesn’t really matter to you. If you’re looking for a gift, make sure the recipient likes waffles — because this appliance is too good to gather dust on a shelf somewhere.
3. Brentwood Animal Shape Waffle Maker: Best Waffle Maker for Families with Small Children
Look, mommy! It’s waffles, but shaped like bunnies, elephants, and giraffes! Our honest verdict? This Brentwood Animal Shape Waffle Maker isn’t the best on the market, but it’s a ton of fun for the little ones — and that matters!
Choose this waffle maker if you want to see your toddler beam from ear to ear on a lazy Sunday morning, without having to put in much effort.
- This one’s compact: 9.6″D x 11.1″W x 5.6″H.
- With just 750 watts, this waffle maker is less powerful than the other ones.
- Animal shapes! That’s all that matters.
- Well, it also has a nonstick coating and an indicator light to show you when the waffles are done, which is good, too.
Who Is It For?
Families with young kids or very silly adults looking for low-budget waffle makers will appreciate this option. The waffles are OK, but true waffle connoisseurs probably wouldn’t agree.
4. Presto 03500 Belgian Waffle Bowl Maker: Best for Waffle Bowls
The Presto 03510 Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker has been one of the best-selling Belgian waffle makers of all time now, but if you’re looking for a variation of a popular theme, it has a sibling. Meet the Presto 03500 Belgian Waffle Bowl Maker. This one makes your waffles bowl-shaped, so you can top-load them with a whole bunch of goodies.
- Dimensions of 5.25″D x 9.3″W x 8.25″H.
- Uses 750 watts.
- The plating is nonstick, and, of course, it’s weirdly shaped because this waffle maker turns your waffles into bowls.
- The appliance makes one bowl-shaped waffle at a time.
Who Is It For?
Decadence-loving waffle fans who enjoy toppings even more will find this appliance delightful, but there’s another upside. Bowl-shaped waffles are less messy, and that’s nice.
5. Rome Industries Old Fashioned Waffle Cast Iron: Best Non-Electric Waffle Maker
We just had to include this Rome Industries Old Fashioned Waffle Cast Iron for readers who are drawn to old-world charm and romanticism (or those prepping for the zombie apocalypse, of course)!
We’re not going to lie — this one is a bit of a pain to use if you’re used to modern comforts. Because it’s made of the best-quality cast iron, you’ll need to season it before putting it into action. After that, an open flame or stovetop is the way to go. Don’t add too much batter, or it will spill out and cause a kitchen catastrophe. Clean it after you’re done enjoying your waffles. Thoroughly.
- Sturdy cast iron design — no electricity needed, and compact, too.
- This waffle iron will last you forever unless you drop it on a hard tile surface. (It’s salvageable even if you let it rust, which can definitely happen.)
Who Is It For?
We’ve identified three targets — camping enthusiasts, people looking for unusual gifts, and folks who love old-fashioned, durable gadgets. Yes, you’ll find tons of electric waffle makers that cost less than this one, but remember, kids… they need electricity to work, and this bad boy doesn’t.
A Final Word
Waffles! Whenever you want! Who could say no to that? Of all the waffle makers we featured, the old-fashioned waffle iron is destined to last the longest (but be used the least). We highly recommend the Cuisinart Belgian Waffle maker, which offers the perfect balance between price and quality, but the Presto waffle bowl maker is surprisingly fun, too!
Remember to consider your needs before you choose your waffle maker, and you’ll be good to go. (Raise your hands if you’re already imagining waffles in bed on a lazy Sunday… brought to you by some “non-you person,” of course!)